- 9,534 birds identified on Asian Waterbird Census in Bislig
- CENRO Bislig receives recognition for LAWIN Forest Protection System’s exemplary performance
- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (09 June 2017). The PENRO Surigao del Sur along with all DENR offices nationwide celebrates the agency’s 30th year founding anniversary since its creation in 1987. DENR was renamed from then Department of Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources (DEENR) through Executive Order 192 on June 10, 1987.
With the anniversary theme “Pagbubuklod para sa Kalikasan”, the agency has incorporated its celebration with the Philippine Environment Month, the Philippine Eagle Week (June 4-10), the World Environment Day (June 5), the World Ocean's Day (June 8), the DENR founding anniversary (June 10), Coral Triangle Day (June 9), and the Philippine Arbor Day (June 25).
In Surigao del Sur, the DENR field offices has line-up activities for the celebration which include the DENR family day, tree planting activities on Coral Triangle Day and Arbor Day, conducting of community education and public awareness (CEPA), and hosting the DENR Caraga Sportfest in Tandag City.
The theme for World Environment Day 2017 is ‘Connecting People to Nature’, which implores human in all walks of life “to get outdoors and into nature, to appreciate its beauty and its importance, and to take forward the call to protect the Earth that we share,” the UN for Environment organizer said and emphasized that “This year’s theme invites you to think about how we are part of nature and how intimately we depend on it. It challenges us to find fun and exciting ways to experience and cherish this vital relationship”.
The month of June of each year is declared as the Philippine Environment Month by virtue of Presidential Proclamation No. 237 signed in 1998 by then President Corazon C. Aquino.(JSN / PENRO-SDS).