- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (12 June 2017). The Coral Triangle Day was celebrated by the PENRO Surigao del Sur by planting bakauan propagules in Lactudan, Cagwait, Surigao del Sur on June 9, 2017. OIC PENR Officer Jose Flavio V. Concha leads the systematic planting activity with the participation of the local community organizations of Cagwait.
The Coral Triangle Day 2017 Celebration theme focuses on one of the greatest threats in our ocean today, marine debris particularly plastic waste. It encourages everyone to join the “Say No To Plastic” as social campaign to raise public awareness on how to use plastic everyday and to refuse single use plastics.
“The Coral Triangle Day is an annual, open-sourced event that brings together individuals, organizations, and establishments on one special day of the year to enlighten people on ocean conservation and various ways to protect and conserve the Coral Triangle as the world's epicenter of marine biodiversity,” said the Coral Triangle Initiative - Philippines.
According to World Wildlife Fund, the Coral Triangle Day which is held every June 9 is a massive celebration of the Coral Triangle, the world's epicentre of marine biodiversity, which encompasses the seas of 6 countries in the Asia-Pacific region: Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Solomon Islands, and Timor Leste. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).