- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (26 June 2017). The Peoples Bank of Caraga employee together with DENR - PENRO Tandag joins together during the tree planting on June 22, 2017 at Barangay Jose, Tandag City in line with the celebration of Arbor Day 2017.
PENRO Surigao del Sur National Greening Program (NGP) Coordinator Nanette E. Quiñones bared that the tree seedlings planted during the Arbor Day were African tulip. She was also grateful with the employees of the People Bank of Caraga who participate the planting as part of their annual tree planting activity and the council of Barangay San Jose for the success of the activity.
Arbor Day is celebrated as annual observance dedicated for planting and conservation of trees in consonance with RA 10176 or Arbor Day Act of 2012 signed on September 12, 2012. Under the law, all abled-body citizen who are at least twelve (12) years old are required to plant trees at designated areas nationwide.
Executive Order No. 26 or the National Greening Program (NPG) implementation signed on February 24, 2011, stipulated that all students identified by DepEd and CHED and all government employees are required to plant a minimum of ten (10) tree seedlings every year to areas identified by DENR through Convergence Initiatives. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).