- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (30 June 2017). Over 600 employees of DENR Caraga family gathered in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur for the three-day Sportsfest 2017 on June 27-29. The PENRO Surigao del Sur hosted the events with the participation of employees from EMB-13, DENR-13 and five PENR offices.
The sportsfest started with a foot parade from city boulevard to the city gymnasium followed by the opening program and cheer dance competition. Basketball, volleyball, badminton, lawn tennis, table tennis, chess, and dart were the major sports events conducted in several sports facilities in city of Tandag.
Dr. Charlie E. Fabre, the DENR Caraga Regional Director who graced during the culmination program expressed his gratefulness to the PENRO Surigao del Sur as the host office and all participating team coming from EMB-13 and five PENR offices and its field offices for the success of the sports festival.
DENR-13 Regional Office bagged the overall champion of the sports events that garnered a total of 11 golds for cheer dance, basketball (35 up and 34 below), and dart (men's double and women's double). The EMB-13 got 8 golds for winning the volleyball (women), lawn tennis (women's single, women's double, men's single and men's double), and chess (men). The PENRO Agusan del Norte got 6 golds for volleyball (men), badminton (women's double), dart (women's single), chess (women). PENRO Surigao del Sur got 3 golds for lawn tennis (men's single) and badminton (men's double and mixed doubles). PENRO Agusan del Sur got 2 golds for table tennis (men and women). PENRO Surigao del Norte and PENRO Dinagat got 1 gold each for dart (men's single) and dart (mixed doubles) respectively.
Meanwhile, OIC PENR Officer Jose Flavio V. Concha said that the PENRO Surigao del Sur hosted the sports activity for the second time already. He expressed his thankfulness to all people who take significant part in the realization of the activity and given the opportunity to host the DENR Caraga Sportsfest 2017. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).