- 9,534 birds identified on Asian Waterbird Census in Bislig
- CENRO Bislig receives recognition for LAWIN Forest Protection System’s exemplary performance
- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (30 June 2017). Environmental conservation and life preservation are the main focus of the DENR-PENR office as the agency observed the National Disaster Resilience Month (NDRM) 2017.
The DENR-PENR office together with its field offices under its area of responsibility conducted some relevant activities in support to the NDRM celebration and help to increase awareness about disaster risk management and resiliency. Some highlighted activities in line with the NDRM celebration includes the hanging of the NDRM 2017 official poster in all field offices and tree planting activity at Ihawan Spring Watershed in Awasian, Tandag City as part of support and environmental activity. The tree planting spearheaded by PENRO LGU-SDS together with DENR-PENRO Surigao del Sur, Tandag Water District (TWD), Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) and other Non-Government Association with 176 attendees.
The CENRO Cantilan personnel participated the First Aid and Basic Life Support (BLS) Training with the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (MDRRMO) of the Local Government Unit of Cantilan.
A Phivolcs Earthquake Intensity Scale (PEIS) Orientation and Earthquake Drill was also initiated with CENRO Bislig personnel together with the City DRRMO and PHIVOCs.
Month of July is declared as the National Disaster Resilience Month (NDRM) in accordance with the Executive Order No. 29 issued by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on June 28, 2017. This year’s NDRM theme is “4Ks: Kamalayan sa Kahandaan, Katumbas ay Kaligtasan”. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).