- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (18 September 2017). With the team “Together for our Ocean”, the personnel from DENR-PENRO Surigao del Sur together with the LGU-PENRO Surigao del Sur, LGU-Cagwait, and Philippine Coastguard jointly partner to clean the Cagwait beach during the International Coastal Clean-up (ICC) on September 15, 2017.
OIC PENR Officer Jose Flavio V. Concha urged everyone to advocate and act for clean and sustainable coastline and waterways to the ocean believing that a clean and healthy waterways and coast will contribute to the sustainable ocean or marine ecosystem.
“Our ocean plays critical role in our daily existence. Ocean is the source of our food, livelihood and even medicine. Our coastal water and seas are good for leisure and tourism. Therefore, we need to protect and sustain its health and cleanliness,” said OIC PENR Officer Concha.
The observance of ICC is on its 31st year celebration which aims to engage people to remove trash from beaches and waterways around the world, identify the sources of the debris and change the behavioral patterns that contribute to pollution.
The said activity is initiated in line with the observance of the National Clean-Up Month and International Coastal Clean-Up pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 244 andPresidential Proclamation No. 470 respectively. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).