- 9,534 birds identified on Asian Waterbird Census in Bislig
- CENRO Bislig receives recognition for LAWIN Forest Protection System’s exemplary performance
- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag City, Surigao del Sur (29 September 2017). The DENR Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO) Surigao del Sur is set to formulate the provincial foreshore development and management plan (PFDMP) in collaboration with the local and national partner-stakeholders in the province. Surigao del Sur is one of the pilot provinces in the country to prepare the PFDMP for 2017.
During the orientation on the formulation of the provincial foreshore development and management plan (PFDMP) cum creation of technical working group on September 27, the DENR Caraga Assistant Chief on Licenses Patents and Deeds Division (LPDD) Mila J. Garcia emphasized the need to come up with the development and management plan in foreshore areas.
“The PFDMP contributes to the 10-Point Socioeconomic Agenda of the President Duterte #6 which is to ensure security of land tenure to encourage investments, and address bottlenecks in land management and titling agencies,” said LPDD Assistant Chief Mila.
Mila added that the PFDMP is a nine-year development and management plan that is based on a comprehensive analysis of status, condition, problems and issues covering foreshore lands in regional areas entire the country.
Said development and management plan shall come up with a guiding framework on the best management scheme to be adopted in a specific environment, particularly on the identification of the highest and best use such as legally permissible, ecologically viable, economically valuable, socially acceptable and compatible with adjacent land uses of a particular area in the foreshore.
Meanwhile, OIC PENR Officer Jose Flavio V. Concha urged the participation of various stakeholders in Surigao del Sur to be actively involved in the formulation plan.
“We encourage the full participation of our partners in the local government units and national government line agencies to actively involved in the formulation of the plan which provide the blueprint for future foreshore developments and serve as guideposts for policy redress,” stressed-out OIC PENR Officer Concha. “The success of coming up the plan depends on the full and active participation of concerned individual and agencies in the plan formulation,” he added.
The major contents of the plan will compose of the profile of the provincial foreshore area, opportunities and constraints to foreshore utilization, managing the foreshore area of the province, among others.
Now on its preparation phase, the office will institutionalize a Technical Working Group (TWG) which is the pool experts from the concerned LGUs and other agencies, utilize the geodetic engineer and mapping experts of field offices, and hire Planning Specialist to make the plan. The TWG will review outputs/deliverables of the Planning Specialist and provide inputs/comments and participate in consultation workshops and other activities that require their technical assistance. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).