- 9,534 birds identified on Asian Waterbird Census in Bislig
- CENRO Bislig receives recognition for LAWIN Forest Protection System’s exemplary performance
- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag, Surigao del Sur (25 October 2017). The PENRO Surigao del Sur goes high-tech as it prepared to utilize drone in its environmental enforcement and aerial surveillances in the forest areas in the province.
PENRO Surigao del Sur geographic information system (GIS) focal persons Forester Rommel C. Quiñones and Allan P. Ferraz presented one unit of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Drone during the regular employees Monday convocation on October 23, 2017. The said drone was issued by the DENR Forest Management Bureau during a learning event on familiarization, operation and maintenance of drone recently done in Davao City.
“The drone, which is unmanned aircraft was issued mainly to monitor and validate the areas under the National Greening Program in the province,” explained Forester Quiñones. “It will also be utilized in the conduct of areal surveillance for environmental enforcement in forest areas in Surigao del Sur,” he added.
The unmanned aircraft has powerful features required for aerial surveillance and photographs capturing.
Based on its featured description, the drone has maximum speed of S-mode: 45 mph (72 kph) A-mode: 36 mph (58 kph) P-mode: 31 mph (50 kph) and equipped with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor camera and has a manually adjustable aperture from F2.8 to F11 and is able to record UHD4K (4096x2160) at 60fps at a maximum bitrate of 100mbps. It has FlightAutonomy system which adds dual rear vision sensors and infrared sensing systems for a total of 5-direction of obstacle sensing and 4-direction of obstacle avoidance. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).