- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag City, Surigao del Sur (24 November 2017). DENR Caraga has organized an orientation to the members and representatives of Surigao del Sur Joint Provincial Technical Working Group (TWG) for the Provincial Foreshore Development and Management Plan (PFDMP) on November 23, 2017 at Shacene Pension House & Restaurant, this city.
DENR PENRO Surigao del Sur Technical Services Division OIC Chief, Federico A. Senoc, Jr. commended the active participation from local government units and government line agencies who composed of the TWG during orientation and encouraged full support and involvement in coming up with the master plan.
“We encourage you as our development partners to actively work with us in DENR for the formulation of the foreshore development and management plan of Surigao del Sur. The PFDMP master plan will materialized with your active contribution, support and participation as the experts in your field and areas of concerns relative to the development of the plan,” Senoc emphasized.
The orientation of the TWG covers the detailed presentation about foreshore by Forester Resurrecion C. Maxilom; rationale on the formulation of the PFDMP by DENR Caraga Assistant Chief on Licenses Patents and Deeds Division Mila J. Garcia; roles of TWG by Engr. Leah Lou Asis; and discussion of some issues and concerns relative to foreshore planning.
Surigao del Sur’s Joint TWG for the PFDMP is organized by the DENR Caraga through DENR Regional Special Order No. 2017-621 signed by Dr. Charlie E. Fabre on October 30, 2017. The TWG is task to carry-out effective and successful formulation of the PFDMP relevant activities and to come up with the PFDMP master plan of Surigao del Sur.
The working group is composed of the technical and legislative representatives from the provincial government, 17 coastal cities and municipalities of Surigao del Sur, and other national government line agencies involved in foreshore or costal management. Specific offices representatives that composed of the Joint TWG includes the planning and development, environment and natural resources, tourism, agriculture, fisheries, engineering, disaster and risk reduction, and local sanggunian on environment.
The Joint TWG is expected to assist and provide technical assistance to the DENR personnel (profiling, maps, etc.) that might be vital for the preparation of the PFDMP; review outputs/deliverables of the Planning Specialist and provide inputs and recommendations; participate in planning write shop and consultation workshops and other activities that require their technical assistance; facilitate final drafting and packaging of the plan; and coordinate with the LGUs in the adoption of the plan.
Provinces of Surigao del Sur and Dinagat Islands are the pilot areas in Caraga region for the formulation of the foreshore management and development plan. DENR will be organizing series of planning workshop and relevant activities for the PFDMP. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).