- 9,534 birds identified on Asian Waterbird Census in Bislig
- CENRO Bislig receives recognition for LAWIN Forest Protection System’s exemplary performance
- Family day, renewal of oath of office highlights 118th PCSA celebration in DENR SurSur
- RD Fabre recognizes PENRO SurSur’s effort in Report Compliance
- DENR SurSur, Bislig LGUs team-up on 2018 bird census
- SurSur foreshore technical working group undergoes orientation
- DENR to utilize drone in environmental enforcement, surveillance
- DENR to formulate provincial foreshore development, management plan
- Celebrating the 117th Ph Civil Service Anniversary
- LGUs, PhCoastguard, DENR team-up on International Coastal Clean-up 2017
- Environmental conservation, life preservation highlights on National Disaster Resilience Month 2017
- DENR Caraga holds Sportsfest 2017 in Surigao del Sur
- Peoples Bank of Caraga joins PENRO SurSur on Arbor Day 2017
- Coral Triangle Day 2017 observed with bakauan planting
- PENRO SurSur celebrates DENR 30th Anniversary, environment month
- Youth joins DENR in planting for International Biological Diversity 2017
- 116 Carmen beneficiaries receive residential free patents
- DENR spearhead coastal clean-up, dalaw-turo for month of the ocean
Tandag City, Surigao del Sur (05 December 2018). The Community Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) of Bislig obtained an award from the Forest Management Bureau (FMB) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for its commendable performance in the operation of the Landscape and Wildlife Indicator (LAWIN) Forest and Biodiversity Protection System in the province.
CENRO Bislig Data Manager/Focal Person FR Gina Bruzon receives Certificate of Recognition "for its exemplary performance in the implementation of the Lawin Forest and Biodiversity Protection System for CY 2018".
“We are very privileged to receive this certificate of recognition which will hopefully inspire our forest patrollers better performance to help protect, conserve and manage sustainably the forest areas in Surigao del Sur,” said Bruzon.
Bruzon revealed that CENRO Bislig is one of the performing offices of Caraga Region and entire the Philippines. She also disclosed that CENRO Bislig was also awarded as the Most Active Frontline Office in the Implementation of Lawin Biodiversity Protection System.
FMB Director Nonito M. Tamayo and USAID Philippines Environment Office Chief John Edgar awarded the certificate of recognition to all performing offices throughout the country during the ceremony on October 11, 2018 in Pasay City.
Meanwhile, Surigao del Sur PENR Officer Jose Flavio V. Concha lauded the forest patrollers of CENRO Bislig for job well done.
“It is not easy to conduct regular forest monitoring and patrolling in Surigao del Sur but our forest patrollers able to manage themselves with brevity and commitment to perform their job in whatever weather and forest conditions. For this reason, I commended the forest patrollers and the key personnel of CENRO Bislig for receiving such recognition,” said Concha.
The DENR thru FMB in partnership with USAID through the Biodiversity and Watersheds Improved for Stronger Economy and Ecosystem Resilience (B-WISER) program launched the LAWIN Forest and Biodiversity Protection System sometimes in 2016. The LAWIN system is using the mobile app that has been utilized by DENR forest patrollers in the implementation of LAWIN activities entire the country. (JSN / PENRO-SDS).