- Forest protection committee bares 2nd quarter anti-illegal logging accomplishments
- Provincial CBFM/NGP People’s Organizations’ Forum & Workshop for Surigao del Sur
- PENRO SurSur bares hotline contacts, Wednesday as ‘People’s Day’
- New OIC in PENRO SurSur and CENRO Cantilan installed
- 722 planters join on Arbor Day ‘16 simultaneous tree planting in SurSur
- Philippine Eagle finds habitat in SurSur forests
- DENR calls to combat biodiversity loss, protect wildlife
Tandag City, Surigao del Sur (August 23, 2016). Fifty-nine (59) planters from Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP), 36th IB and 16th IB of the Philippine Army planted some 1,100 mangrove propagules in celebration of OPLAN BROADCASTREEING 2016 at Kadagatan Ampingan Pagmata Katawhan (KAAMPAKA) National Greening Program (NGP) site 2011 in Burgos, Cortes, Surigao del Sur with an area of 0.44 hectare last August 6, 2016.
OIC PENR Officer Jose Flavio V. Concha expressed gratefulness to the KBP Surigao del Sur and the Philippine Army for the continuous support and active participation in the implementation of NGP as part of their environmental action and advocacy to greening the environment.
“We thanked and appreciate the initiatives of our media partners in KBP together with the support of our partners in Philippine Army for helping us in maintaining and planting trees in our NGP areas,” said PENR Officer Concha while expressing that the DENR will always support the celebration of ‘Oplan Broadcastreeing’ among media practioners and other organizations who are willing to exert efforts for caring environment.
The “Oplan Broadcastreeing” is annual simultaneous nationwide tree planting activity initiated by KBP aims at supporting the NGP as one of the environmental priority program of the Philippine government. (Shekinah l. Rojo /JSN/ PENRO-SDS).